Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ideas Generation #6 Redone Storyboard

The new storyboard is made because I'd decided to change the content a bit. This occurs to me after my classmates and I started to shoot the commuter scene. I'd experienced how hard it is to shoot inside a public transportation with full passengers.

Changelog:
- Slogan changed to "Act Now, Share Happiness".
- The scene is in front of terrace of shops.
- Music are added to the video. (People Help The People by Birdy)
-The video starts with a quote from Maya Angelou.

The reason I'd chose People Help The People as the background music is because the music tells on how real people helps other people rather than lets them handling their own problems by their own. 
In the chorus, the line; 
Oh and if I had a brain, Oh and if I had a brain
I'd be cold as a stone and rich as the fool
That turned all those good hearts away
emphasizes on how people become smart/rich/famous and are educated but they do not help anyone but themselves. Thus, the saying ‘I'd be cold as a stone and rich as the fool, That turned all those good hearts away’, saying how some rich people are cold towards others and didn't use their wealth to help the lesser. This is why the beggar in my video helped the woman in the last panel, rather than stealing her belongings when she's down. He may be poor, but his heart is pure.

The quote by Maya Angelou that I use for the video is;
"When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed."
Further strengthening the use of the song for the video, and encourage viewers to help others.
Maya Angelou was a great woman, she is both an artist and an activist. Though her art aren't necessarily involve paint and canvas, she is a writer, poet, actress, and dramatist.





No comments:

Post a Comment