Thursday, May 15, 2014

Act Now, Share Happiness

At first, I had come up with only "Speak Up" for the slogan of the commercial. The reason is because it is the only sentence I can think of each time I am wrestling with my doubts. In addition, it is easier to deal with a problem that you had experienced. Moving on. After I had discussed it with Mr Tham (the lecturer for this module), it seems as if the sentence is unfinished, so later "Act Now" was added to complete it.
I had been going on with "Speak Up, Act Now" for half the semester. But, after I had changed the storyboard due to difficulty on shooting the scenes, the slogan doesn't quite sit right with the new scenes. With some brainstorming, I end up with "Act Now, Share Happiness".

Why "Act Now, Share Happiness"?
The reason why I go with the previous said words is because it sounds demanding/commanding yet for a good cause. People in general tend to hate being demanded, because it'll only benefit the one who give out the order, not the carrier of said order/message. That is why I come up with "Share Happiness", to tell them that it is more than just an order. It is a peace message because everyone in the right mind believes in happiness, love, joy, care, and other warmth comforting feelings I didn't mention by name. So in the end, the message tells the viewer to share these feelings not because of duty but of harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment