Sunday, October 20, 2013

Advertising Campaign Task 2: 1 ad that I like, and another that I dislike

Advertisement that I like

"The more you drink, the slower you react. Please drink responsibly"

This advertisement about drink-and-drive awareness is by Guinness. The reason I love the ad is because it is published by a company that its main trade is alcoholic beverages.
In terms of elements of design, there are Tonal Contrast, Repetition, Shape, and Unity.
To reinforce my points, by looking at the Shapes of the stop sign, you can see Repetitions and this repetition creates Unity that automatically let our eyes move from one sign to the next. Also, the Tonal Contrast of the sign and the background cause attention immediately to this area.


Advertisement that I dislike
FLY, Glassex Glass Cleaner, J Walter Thompson, Glassex, Print, Outdoor, Ads
Glassex Glass Cleaner Print Advertisement

When I first lay eyes on this ad, it got me thinking, "why is the fly wearing a helmet?" And I thought if I look hard enough I will got the message of this ad, but sadly no. I can't put the connection between the glass cleaner, the fly and the tile floor. If only there is a text explaining it.




Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment